Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The beginning of the wheel...

    What am I thinking? I already have one blog I can barely keep up with, and now here comes another one. Well, let's just see what happens. I find that if I'm writing about something I like, I can go on forever. No big revelation there, but it's something that I try to remember for my students.
    Let me take you through a little tour of my blog. Below you will find a screencast that will give you the nuts and bolts of what you're looking at. I'm a bit of a screencast addict as you will learn. My screencast web app of choice, at the moment, is Screencast-o-Matic. I pay the menial fee ($12) for the pro version, and that allows me to get rid of the logo stamp. Also, there are more editing tools, and better recording features. Their customer support is fantastic. I was having a hard time with a feature of the program, emailed them, and received a response within the hour. The problem was fixed shortly thereafter. Then, the gentleman on the other end asked me how their service could best be utilized for educational purposes. That made me feel important. It is my belief that classroom teachers have a great deal of power in deciding which direction educational technology goes.


    
     I think I'll just stop there for now. Future posts will describe some of the technology implementation that is currently going on in my classroom, and then we'll move onto some things that I might not be using in my classroom right now, but I think they would be great tools to have in other classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment